Thursday, April 13, 2006

A Glimmer of Hope, or at least an Avenue to try

I had an Allergist appointment today. I told him how I have been experiencing daily bouts of bone crushing tired, to the point of having to take naps and actually being afraid that I would fall asleep driving home from work.

He thinks that maybe I am having an adverse reaction to a medication he had me start taking two weeks ago, and wants me to stop taking it immediately. If I begin to feel better in a week we will know that it was just this medicine that cause the fatigue.

Then he has given me a new medication to try for the allergies that will take care of the symptoms the other one was taking care of as well as the annoying cough that still hasn't gone away. So this other medicine might be better all the way around, at least we can be hopeful. The biggest problem with the new medication is that it may take up to a month before I notice any real difference in how I feel or how my allergies are doing.

I realized today that this must be very frustrating for my Dr. Though not quite in the same way or at the same level of frustration that I personally feel most of the time.

So. Pray that this time things will go right for a change.

At least the weather has been really nice today.

Pax

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I'm going to be praying about this...it should be better by now. I hope you feel really well for Easter too. God bless.