Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Learn More About the Catechism

Owen and a group of friends have a new site where you can learn and grow in your understanding of the Catechism of the Catholic Church.

What an awesome idea.

Way back in 1995, in what seems like another life, when the Catechism first came out I facilitated an Adult Education discussion group at my parish that went through the Catechism. I did it mostly to make sure that I would read it myself, not because I thought I was any authority on the subject. I learned so much about our amazing faith in those months of meetings with that small faith community. We discussed each section and how it related to our lives and as I learned and grew in my faith I became aware that there was so much more that I needed to know. It is probably indirectly responsible for my being in Gradual School right now.

Even now when I reach for my Catechism to look up some aspect of the faith or clarify how I want to state something in a talk or paper, I am amazed at our faith tradition. This document is so beautifully written. I have also found that the more you read The Catechsim the more you find that you will learn.

I want to encourage all of you to bookmark this site. I actually have a button on my sidebar for the site because I know that I will be going there from time to time to learn more. Won't you join me?

Pax

No comments: