Friday, April 14, 2006

Printer Funny

I was printing the script for the Easter Vigil in my office today and the printer decided to have a nervous breakdown and go haywire. It began to eat paper and really have a total fit. I begged for help and said a quick prayer and asked Fr. Jonathan (the Benedictine Monk who is here to help out this Easter because Father can't be at two parishes on Easter Vigil night) who the patron saint of printers might be so I could pray to that saint too.

Then the printer began to work again. It printed one page of the script and stopped.

I took the page out of the printer and looked at it. It was the Renewal of Baptismal promises from the middle of the script. They go like this:

Do you reject Satan?

I do.

And all his works?

I do.

And all his empty promises?

I do.

Do you believe in God the Father almighty, creator of heaven and earth?

I do.

Do you believe in Jesus Christ his only son our Lord, who was born of the Virgin Mary, was crucified, died and was buried, rose from the dead, and is now seated at the right hand of the Father?

I do.

Do you believe in the Holy Spirit. . .

then the page is basically blank.


I showed the page to Fr. Jonathan. We both agreed that the printer had performed its own exorcism. We had a really big laugh.

Then I got back to work printing the script for Vigil. No rest for the weary DRE on the Day before Easter Vigil?

Pax

No comments: