Thursday, June 19, 2008

Just Another Day at the Beach!

Do you know how frustrating it is to fix a broken shock cord in a tent pole?



Well as soon as I recover from the one I had to fix for our sun shelter I will tell you. I may or may not have said a few Bozo-No-No's in the repeated attempts to get the stupid cord to stay taped to the wire as it was being snaked up the pole segments. I bet I had to throw away ten little pieces of used duct tape after it was all said and done. Please pray that the other two poles don't break thier cords before we leave here, because I don't think my mental health can handle another round of "fixing the pole".



Other than that, the day at the beach was really nice, even with the sea weed that looked a lot like little green puff balls floating all through the water. (It stuck like glue to the angelbaby's body too, which was really funny because she swore up and down that she didn't need to take a shower until she got home, took off her suit and saw all the little green puff balls stuck all over her abdomen and back.)



We even learned a new trick today. We went to tbe beach with our friend who has an umbrella, and the umbrella kept getting caught by the wind and blowing over. A nice lady sitting very close to us came over and showed us how to anchor the umbrella by rocking the base back and forth in the sand before setting the top on and then angling the top into the wind. After that we didn't have any trouble at all with the umbrella. You learn something new all the time when people are willing to share what they know.



I am off in a few to get some items from the store so I can cook meatloaf and mashed potatoes for mrangelmeg for dinner. I know, maybe somebody needs to check my temperature to see if I didn't get sun stroke while we were at the beach, only I volunteered to make the meal before we went to the beach, so I'm guessing I am really all right. He just deserves a little pampering.



Pax

No comments: