Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Mental Pause Moment #7: You Picked a Bad Time to . . .

Never, and I can't stress this enough, NEVER make life altering decisions when in the throes of a mental pause moment.

Case in point, my trip to the beauty shop just the other day. . .


I have spent that last year (just ask my friends) painstakingly growing out my bangs trying to get my hair all the same length and had almost achieved that feet. My hair is (was, sadly) about shoulder length and my bangs were nearly grown out all the way to my shoulders.

The problem is we have been down here in Florida for two weeks and we are swimming in either the ocean or the swimming pool every day. My hair is getting very dried out and tangled up and hard to manage. I decided that I needed to make a change. It was time for a haircut anyway.

I went to the closest hair stylist and sat down and asked the stylist to give me a short haircut, but failed (as my beautiful angelbaby so delicately reminded me when I got home) to add two small words to my request. I forgot to tell her to cut my hair "NOT TOO SHORT"! Then apparently I went into some sort of mental pause trance while she worked on my hair.

In my defense I didn't have my glasses on, so I couldn't get a clear idea of what she was doing by looking in the mirror because what I saw was very blurry. When I finally put my glasses back on when she was done I found that I had less hair on my head than mrangelmeg does (well, that may be a slight exaggeration, but I can't run my fingers through the back).

Now I know what that poor girl feels every season on America's Next Top Model when they cut off all of her hair and give her an extremely severe haircut. I feel so butch. The only plus is I have been swimming and the change is amazing. I got out of the pool, ran my hands over my head and my hair was pretty much back in place.

Oh well, it will grow back, and in a few years I can have it back to my shoulders again. I might even have stopped crying myself to sleep by then.

Pax

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Isn't it humbling when you end up crying over those kinds of things? Gulp!

I'm sure it is gorgeous!

Paul Stokell said...

What? No pics??